Creating a Myth versus the study of myth

 One of the ways in which creating a myth differs from the study of myth is in the sense that when I was studying myth I was trying to make sense of the meaning and look more deeper as to what the myth was about . When I created my myth I feel that I was able to be more loose and creative in making my own designs and incorporate some relevant information .  As well as when we create our own myth or we get the option to choose I think that's what makes the difference most . I learned that when I assign these kinds of assignments in my future classroom , I can see how students feel doing an activity that is at first challenging but necessary to get to the goal , then when they have the information they need they can write about their own myths and I think that they will truly enjoy that . I feel that by first studying myths we get an idea of what it's supposed to be . As well as it was helpful because in order to create our own myths we must first learn how to create a myth. I liked doing both honestly but I would say that creating my own myth was actually more fun and creative , since I got to choose my own design and make it unique. I think that I can definitely use this activity where we create our own myths for my own students one day , I think it will get them engaged and motivated .

Comments

  1. Hello George,
    I agree with what you were saying here. An individual myth is more fun to do as opposed to reading about them. But It's pretty interesting that despite how some myths are seen as boring, they relate to the truth. For example, the Myth my group and I were doing was exciting and had a lot to do with my culture because all those things are still present in Mexico and other places of central America. My group myth spoke about rituals; I felt as if they were trying to make it sound less graphic than what it is. I think myths help shape society. Otherwise, we wouldn't be reading about them. Your Myth was creative and easy to engage in because you have a way to get others to engage in your work, and that is what I believe you are in the right field. You did a fantastic job with your Myth, and I always think you will make a great teacher! Keep up the good work, bud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George,
    I agree with your ideas on myth's and their differences. Myth's can give us a deeper understanding of lessons or stories that some might find unexplainable. They creatively incorporate parts of life to a fictional world that could give a reason as to why something is the way it is. As we were making our myth presentation, we learned about how places/locations could be incorporated into a myth and give it a more realistic sense. I liked how you said that myth's could be challenging to create, but in order to achieve an impactful lesson, they need to be difficult to create.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writing about poetry and Writing Poetry Comparison

Learning Something New Everyday